2.21.2011

thirty five today


today i turned thirty five. as a kid i can remember saying to myself, " i can't wait until i am 12, 16, or 21." i always wanted to be older than i was. however, thirty five never even entered my mind as a kid. but, here i am today at thirty five and it's good. thirty five feels good. i've been thinking of how i want this year to be different for me. i want a little more meaning for this year. maybe because i have always heard that with age comes wisdom and it is possible that i might just be getting a little wiser because i certainly know i am getting older. so here's what i've come up with
for my 35th year...

1. be confident in myself as a woman, wife and mother.
2. finish the quilt i started when i was like 18.
3. spend more time with the mister
4. read more books
5. watch less tv
6. plant a garden
7. take a trip to palm springs
8. give gifts that have been homemade
9. cook more homemade meals
10. learn to knit/crochet a hat
11. be more adventurous
12. stop comparing myself to other people
13. do more yoga
14. go roller skating
15. eat more fresh fruit + veggies
16. fit into to my pre-pregnancy jeans
17. send "thinking of you" notes to my friends
18. scrapbook the first year of life for each of my kiddo's
19. find a good babysitter
20. go to the snow
21. make a succulent wall
22. laugh more
23. be optimistic
24. be thankful
25. enjoy every minute with my kiddo's who soon enough will be 35 too
26. hug and kiss my mom more
27. spend more time at the beach
28. take more pictures of me with the kiddo's

i am sure i will think of more things i want for this year as it goes on,
but this is a pretty good start for the big 35. happy birthday me!

2 comments:

  1. I love this list.
    And I love that picture of you.
    Happy Birthday!
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this today i am not a very good follower...sorry ;) Happy birthday to you and I think # 29 should be hang out with your sister more!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete